a l l  e a r s  o n  d e c k !
cassette deck is a music blog by Rach. Rach is me. I co-host an indie rock radio show on KTCU, FM 88.7 in Fort Worth, Texas. Exposing myself to new music is both an obsessive hobby and a necessity. This blog is an outlet for me to share the music I discover with friends and passers-by. Enjoy!


c o n t a c t
thecassettedeck at gmail.com
aim: thecassettedeck

E-mail me if you heard something nifty and want to share, or if you're an artist looking for love (in all the right places.) I eat new music daily.


p r e v i o u s   p o s t s
Hey, Lloyd! Camera Obscura In-Studio and Tour Dates
The Donkeys
Birddog
Quaint Beginnings



a r c h i v e s
June 2006 July 2006 May 2007


m u s i c   b l o g s
Music Gluttons
3hive
music (for robots)
What Noisy Cats Are We
Brooklyn Vegan
You Ain't No Picasso
Badminton Stamps
DIY Rockstar
Dreams of Horses
Aquarium Drunkard
One Foot Off The Platform


m o r e   d e t o u r s
The Hype Machine
Pitchfork Media
Epitonic
mp3 blogs






The music found on this blog is intended for sampling purposes only. If you dig what you hear, I encourage you to purchase the artist's music and generally support them in a monetary way. If you own the copyright to an mp3 found on this blog and would like it removed, please contact me and say "HEY! No ma'am!" and I will remove it post-haste.



Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The Lord Henry



Clinton Piper's voice on The Lord Henry's first release, Voila, strikes me as a remarkably similar to that of Julian Casablancas of the Strokes. You know, the whole compressed singing-through-cupped hands effect. Not a bad thing, though. Plus, the band is presumably named after one of Oscar Wilde's colorful characters.

The Lord Henry's newer material prevents them from being completely lumped into the Strokes Clone category, thankfully. Nevertheless, it's all enjoyable. They performed at SXSW this spring and will play a couple shows in Texas and one in Oklahoma in July:

July 6: Gypsy Tea Room - Dallas, TX
July 7: Rubber Gloves - Denton, TX
July 8: The Conservatory - Oklahoma City, OK

"I like persons better than principles and persons with no principles better than anything at all." -Lord Henry Wotton, The Picture of Dorian Gray

Couldn't resist.

+ The Lord Henry - Birthday
+ The Lord Henry - Like You Like Me
+ The Lord Henry - What I Get

Purchase music by The Lord Henry | The Lord Henry myspace