a l l  e a r s  o n  d e c k !
cassette deck is a music blog by Rach. Rach is me. I co-host an indie rock radio show on KTCU, FM 88.7 in Fort Worth, Texas. Exposing myself to new music is both an obsessive hobby and a necessity. This blog is an outlet for me to share the music I discover with friends and passers-by. Enjoy!


c o n t a c t
thecassettedeck at gmail.com
aim: thecassettedeck

E-mail me if you heard something nifty and want to share, or if you're an artist looking for love (in all the right places.) I eat new music daily.


p r e v i o u s   p o s t s
Anathallo Live at KTCU
Stream of Unconsciousness: Shedding Prejudices
In Defense of Sufjan Stevens
Ack, Panties
The Channels
Morning Mix
The Millennium
The Online Romance
Under The Influence Of Giants ... and mannequins
Epsilons Quash Mavericks Woes



a r c h i v e s
June 2006 July 2006 May 2007


m u s i c   b l o g s
Music Gluttons
3hive
music (for robots)
What Noisy Cats Are We
Brooklyn Vegan
You Ain't No Picasso
Badminton Stamps
DIY Rockstar
Dreams of Horses
Aquarium Drunkard
One Foot Off The Platform


m o r e   d e t o u r s
The Hype Machine
Pitchfork Media
Epitonic
mp3 blogs






The music found on this blog is intended for sampling purposes only. If you dig what you hear, I encourage you to purchase the artist's music and generally support them in a monetary way. If you own the copyright to an mp3 found on this blog and would like it removed, please contact me and say "HEY! No ma'am!" and I will remove it post-haste.



Friday, July 28, 2006

Full Anathallo Interview & Performance Now Available

Hey folks. Sorry I've slipped away for the past ten days or so; I've been doing a little writing for Texasgigs.com and getting clips together to write for the Fort Worth Star-Telegram (one of these days.) We'll see! I've also been fairly obsessed with Neko Case as of late, so that's occupied most all of my usual rumination time. More on that later.

I wanted to post a link to the full Anathallo interview & performance at KTCU. It can be downloaded from the KTCU Blog that I made specifically for the purpose of housing the things we do in the studio with bands and such:

http://ktcu.blogspot.com

I'm still working on submitting the feed to iTunes' podcast directory; for some reason it isn't taking kindly to it.

Coming Soon: musings on my Neko Case girl-crush.